When dogs have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Dietetic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition with ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense, a proprietary blend of prebiotics shown to nourish the gut microbiome to help support kidney function. This food has an irresistible taste that your dog will love. In fact, Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium, enriched with omega-3s from fish oil
- ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense nourishes the gut microbiome to support kidney health
- Texture and delicious flavor to entice even the pickiest of eaters
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Helps manage the changes in the gut microbiome caused by impaired kidney function
- Supports natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Dog Food is complete dietetic pet food for support of renal function in case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in adult dogs. This food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein but of high quality.
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help a dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Dog Food chicken pate 370gr
By ordering this product I confirm that my pet was examined by a vet who recommended the use of this product on the basis of his/her diagnosis. I have read and understood that whilst my pet is being fed this product, it is recommended that I seek veterinary advise at least every 6 months regarding the usage of this product. I have read and understood that I need to seek immediate veterinary advise if my pet’s condition deteriorated in any way whilst I use this product.